Friday, September 09, 2005

The Beauty Shop

I know you are just like me and have gone to Beauty Shops, Hair Salons, Stylists, Hair Dressers, whatever they call themselves, and asked not to get your grandmothers hairstyle.

You know what I mean? Just because I am over 50 doesn't mean I want to look it! I don't want the above the ear haircut! I don't want a style where they use a man's shaver in the back!

I want to look cute, sassy, and sexy, too. Why can't they understand that?

I have often thought that if I could find a stylist that could make me look attractive (as I know I am) I would follow her/him to the end of the earth!

I don't know what they are thinking when they cut my hair? I can't imagine what is going through their mind. I even tried an older stylist (around my age) and she was the worst!! I even paid more money for my hair cut to look like a man's!

I am on a mission for that attractive style you see on the television, you know, like the Golden Girls. Blanche really had a great hairstyle that was so feminine!

I think that is what we all want, is to look feminine. Just because we are over 50 doesn't mean we don't want to look good!

Oh well, more at a later date!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand exactally what you mean. I have a hairdresser about 185 miles away. I can no longer afford to make the trip and can't find anyone here that knows how to use the cippers in the way you mentioned. Thanks for the web sight. I'm a redhatter also.

Anonymous said...

From another Red Hatter (From Shreveport, La) Love Your Hattitude!!! Have a great day! Queen Mary Morris

Anonymous said...

I love you blog or website. Did you do it yourself? How?

Cresa said...

I have decided to get the haircut that Jane Fonda was sporting in the recent movie Mother-in-Law with Jennifer Lopez.

Now if I can find someone to cut it like that.

The hairstyle was neither too short OR too long. Very attractive!

Anonymous said...

HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF THE
RED HAT CLUB AND IS THERE ONE
IN FORT WORTH TEXAS.
I AM A NURSE AT BAYLOR ALL SAINTS
HOSPITAL IN FORT WORTH TEXAS.
ELLEN MANCHACK RN
EMAIL-FRECKLES49@AOL.COM
THANKS SO MUCH
ELLEN

widowdbo said...

Personally I have tended toward shorter hair in last few years. Have no intention of spending next few years blow drying and shaping hair for hours. Hair is slightly below my ears and I can dry it in 5 min or just let it airdry.
My sister liked my hairstyle so much that she wanted a similar one but since she lives 1000 miles away, she obviously couldn't use same one. I started asking women my age who had similar haircut where they had had it styled and Voila!, my siser found a stylist and is now very happy with her shorter hair. She had worn it shoulder length most of her life but was ready for low maintenance.