Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Iraq

Well, I haven't posted since January, but a lot has been going on. We know for sure now that my son is going to Iraq. The thing is, he wants to go. He is a Medic assigned to the Marines from the Navy.



Not long ago he married a wonderful girl that I, as the mom, am so thankful for. A picture to the right shows what a great looking couple they are! She and I will support each other in supporting him.

I am very proud of him, but, of course, to say the least, I am concerned. I know the Good Lord will take care of him. I just pray that he is safe.

Any other moms, wives, etc. that have men in Iraq? Feel free to post comments.

The newest thing in my life is that I now sometimes watch the Military Channel on DirectTV. That is a switch from Flip this house, isn't it.

My website sells what "American Proud" jewelry I can find and do you know the most popular is the "Keep My Son Safe", "Keep My Father Safe", and "Keep My Husband Safe" Bracelets.

I will be joining the ranks of people sending "Care" packages soon. God Bless you all that do that!

Thanks for the sacrifice of all of you that have loved ones serving in Iraq. You are honored.

There are a couple of verses I have on my Patriotic Page. Click http://www.rrbycresa.com/Jewelry/patrioticpage.htm and go to the bottom of the page if you wish to read them. Warriors have been around for a long time, just read the Old Testament. This generation of Warriors is very special as they are all VOLUNTEER! So Fabulous!

God Bless you and God continue to bless the United States of America!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you make "Keep My Daughter Safe" bracelets too -- my daughter may be going to Iraq.

Cresa said...

I have been trying to get them to make bracelets for Keep my Mother Safe, Keep My Daughter Safe. They should! There are enough women serving.

Unknown said...

This is the first time I ever looked at this blog, must be fate. I wanted to let you know many years ago (1961) my husband was also a young Navy Corpsman attached to the First Marines in Vietnam. He too wanted to be there. His wonderful and courageous experiences led to a life long military career. He even went back to school and earned his flight wings and proudly flew helicopters for the Marines in Viet Nam in 1970. I will keep your son, his new wife and you in my daily prayers