Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Red Hat Society - Why am I dressing like this?


Because I can! I can wear Purple Dresses and Red Hats and get away with it, because I have earned the right and I love it!

Why not? I'm from the generation of the "Bubble", "Pageboy", and finally, my favorite (really), the "Gypsy". I loved my bell bottoms (which are back again, just lower around the hips) halter tops, and floppy hats. Flower power, you know.

I would not be caught dead in a halter top now, I would scare too many people and my kids would never speak to me again.

I love my age and I ESPECIALLY love my granddaughter! She is a hoot and a continual joy to me.

So, dressing in Red and Purple is really not a far cry from my late teens when everyone thought we were dressing crazy back then.

No comments: